1. How will I know that the foundation received my grant request as you refuse to sign for it at the post office?
If you use Express Mail, you can waive the signature requirement and the post office will place your grant request in the foundation's box. If you use Priority Mail or regular mail, you can request Delivery Confirmation. In either case, you will receive a confirming email from the foundation advising you that it was received.
2. I use FedEx and they will not deliver to a PO Box. May I use the legal address to send FedEX?
The legal address is the foundation's attorney's location and is not to be used for grant requests. It is suggested that you use Express Mail if you waited until the day before the deadline.
3. Is the deadline date flexible under any circumstances?
The deadline date is not flexible unless the USPS is unable to deliver the mail on the deadline due to a natural disaster such as a hurricane. (Highly unlikely in Arizona.)
4. Will the foundation reply to a request for reason(s) why my grant request was not funded?
The foundation does not honor such requests. We are not able to fund every request we receive annually even if it fits our criteria. The foundation has established long-term relationships and will continue to give them priority.
5. Your application does not allow sufficient space for me to "tell my story" adequately. May I expand it?
The foundation's application provides sufficient space for the trustees to assess the request and decide whether it fits. Any alterations will result in placing it in the cylindrical metal file.
6. If I am unsure about whether my project fits your criteria, how can I obtain an answer to my question(s)?
You may telephone the foundation at 520-878-9627 and discuss your project with a trustee. You may also use our email firstname.lastname@example.org briefly outlining your project and answer will be forthcoming.
7. How can I get on the "Pre-Approved" List?
Obtain approval to submit a complete grant application and receive funding more than once. Meet with the trustees after multiple funding's and agree to a site review. Establish a relationship